South Jersey And Greater Philadelphia Tax Law Attorney
The Dopkin Law Firm provides comprehensive client service in tax law to closely held businesses, individuals and families in South Jersey and Southeastern Pennsylvania. Our advice and representation covers the spectrum from tax considerations in business or estate planning to the resolution of federal, state or local tax controversies. Contact our office to learn how you can benefit from our experience and our highly personalized approach to client service.
Attorney Matthew Dopkin had a 15-year career as a CPA before entering the legal profession. Admitted to practice in both New Jersey and Pennsylvania, Mr. Dopkin has a deep background with state and local tax work in both states, including with the resolution of tax controversies with the City of Philadelphia. His ability to integrate solid tax advice into effective personal, business and estate plans represents a significant advantage for our firm’s clients.
Prompt and Personalized Client Service in Tax Law
Our work in tax law is characterized by responsive and individualized client service and practical solutions to the tax problems you face as a business owner or an individual taxpayer. Our goal is to help you make sound decisions for yourself based on a solid understanding of what the tax laws can and cannot do for you. If you need to respond to an audit notice or defend against collection proceedings, our experience with state and federal tax laws and procedures can significantly protect your interests.
Examples of our tax services for business and consumer clients include:
- Tax advice related to business startup and entity selection decisions
- Business tax planning to manage exposure on operating profits and capital gains
- Analysis of the tax aspects of real estate transactions, sales of businesses or divestiture of business equity
- Realizing tax savings through proper characterization of capital expenditures and proper use of depreciation schedules
- Managing payroll withholding tax liabilities
- Protecting Medicaid eligibility through estate planning
- Managing inheritance and estate tax liability through gifts, trusts and other qualified transfers
- Tax advice for trustees, personal representatives and executors of decedents’ estates
- Responses to notice of business or personal tax audits
- Resolving taxpayer controversies with the IRS or state revenue agencies
- Assisting with Philadelphia tax matters (Business Privilege Tax, Net Profit Tax, City Wage Tax, and School Income Tax)
Consult with a Skilled Tax Lawyer: Call 215-519-4269
To learn more about the range of business, personal and estate tax services available at our firm, contact the Dopkin Law Firm.